Saturday, May 19

Faerie Wall Hanging with Amazing Mold Putty

I am always amazed when I see people mold big items with Amazing Mold Putty and thought I have to try it this month. I had found a Fairies statue at the store that I loved and want to put outside. When I started with the molding of the statue the leg broke off and I had to think..ok... NOW what? SO I molded the piece with the broken foot and after that I poured the delicious Clear resin in. When it came out I had to cut the foot off which I did using a serrated knife and it cut right off. I also gave a quick sanding to smooth out the bottom. I made a video to show you how I altered the Mold putty product and even fixed a hole that a little resin was coming through. Once the resin got cured, which was within 5 minutes, I then took it out of the mold. I have made a couple videos of this while doing it so you can see there are no mistakes that aren't fixable with this product! Once I got the piece out of the mold I then gessoed it. You do not have to gesso your product before painting but I did this time because I am going to hang it and wanted to see what it was like. I then painted it, put a coat of iridescent glitter on it and then coated it with the delicious 3d Crystal Lacquer. This will be hanging on my wall in my Art Room as good luck for me and the real one will go outside. It was going to be the other way around but since the foot broke, she will sit in the garden. This product is such an amazing product and so flexible that you can be so free while using it and not worry....most things are fixable! Here is a coupon for you to try this product and see for yourself!
Don't forget www.alumilite.com  has a 20% off discount available - use code AMP20

5 comments:

  1. when I tried to view the videos they each said they were private and I was unable to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are unblocked now.....i thought i had last night!! sorry!!!!!

      Delete
  2. great job on this Kelly, I watched all the video's on youtube. Fairy girl is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos ... how creative and cute! Thanks for sharing ... that is so kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! You did a great job on this project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...