Friday, August 31

Amazing Mold Putty Pendant

 

Recently I was given the bowl part of a sugar spoon and had intended making it into a pendant. I was looking at it today and decided to see if I could come up with a mold for it and use resin to make the pendant.

Here’s what I started with:

                   2003-01-19 11.14.04        2003-01-19 11.14.14 I loved the design on this spoon so……..I mixed up equal amounts of Part A and Part B of the Mold Putty. You need to get it mixed thoroughly and then I pressed my spoon into it to create the mold. I pressed the spoon in one way and then wasn’t sure how that would work, so once it set up I mixed up more putty and pressed the spoon in the other direction.

                 2003-01-19 11.18.20        2003-01-19 11.18.09   As soon as I had my molds made I mixed up some Amazing Casting Resin, (equal amounts of Part A and Part B) and poured it into the molds. Once it set up I decided that the one that had the cup to it would be perfect for the pendant. 2003-01-19 13.02.08 I know it’s kind of hard to see the design on the resin but it’s there. I then smoothed out the edges and first painted the resin piece with silver paint and then rubbed black paint into the crevises. Once the paint was dry I glued a piece of sea glass on the piece  and embedded some seed beads into some Crystal Lacquer in a random pattern around the glass. I then attached a bail  and here’s the finished product: 2003-01-19 15.18.04 The Crystal Lacquer isn’t quite dry here but look at the pendant next to the original spoon:  2003-01-19 15.18.35  Isn’t that awesome the way that it turned out? I was amazed at how close to the original the pendant looked. I’m a happy camper over this one! I would love to here what you think of it. Please leave a comment or two!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. love the design on this piece, the silver was a great choice. I have some sea glass that I need to use on something, now you've got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to play worry free. If you don't like the end result you can start over and not be out that one critical part or better yet make more to give as gifts because in this case the end result is GEORGOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...