Thursday, August 16

Gardenia Flower Hair Clips!

 Recently I was playing with my assortment of  buttons and knobs with  Amazing Casting Resin.
In playing with some flower buttons I ended up creating these simple Gardenia like flowers as you can see.
I love working with the Amazing Casting Resin because it not only sets quickly ( 10-15 minutes), but it's a bright white that can be left alone or colored as desired.
I began by mixing equal amounts of the yellow and white Amazing Mold Putty until no trace of  white was seen. Then I rolled the putty into a ball and pressed the flower button 3/4 of the way down. I pinched the edges of the mold up and around the button and left it to set in less than 15 minutes.
Next I mixed equal amounts of the Amazing Casting Resin and poured into the flower mold.  
 When the flower was set, I popped it out and proceeded to make the hair clip. Above you can see just how easy it was. I criss crossed some felt pieces and glued to the bottom of the flower. Then I added some shiny green organza and attached to the clip. To keep the clip from being glued shut, I put a piece of felt inside the clip.
The Amazing Mold Putty website is having a sale on their Alumilite powders! Save 20% off your entire order. Just enter the code AMP20 before the expiration date of September 30, 2012.
Thanks for coming by, I hope I helped inspired you to create some Gardenia's of your own!
~ Michelle Frae Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...