Saturday, July 6

My Favorite Things... AMAZING Inspiration from DeeDee Catron

Hiya Folks!! DeeDee here to give you a little bit of INSPIRATION!!

I have found through the past while of molding things that I keep going back to my vintage button molds. I can't get over the fact that I get to use my favorite bits over and over, even though they're vintage and almost one of a kind! You can find a post I did from a previous term on molding some buttons here, but today I want to share with you a different way to color them!

Here is a quick snip from the tutorial previously. The buttons have been molded with Amazing Mold Putty and colored with alcohol inks.


They've got a kind of fun pop art style with the bright color.
Which was perfect for their intended purpose that day!

But sometimes I want something a little more... a VINTAGE feeling! They are vintage buttons after all. That's when I crack out Alumilite Dyes. I mix in a super light amount of brown or black to give the Amazing Casting Resin a bit of an offwhite base. And then I douse the cured piece in Glimmer Glaze! It gives the cast button a sort of shimmery old metal feel.


I just so happened to use this one for the center of a shabby chic flower :)

Other supplies: Viva Las VegaStamps! Daisy stamp, UmWowStudio Make Note polaroid, Pink Paislee Hope Chest collection, Ranger archival ink, Distress stain, Distress ink, May Arts ribbons.

What are some of the ways you've
come to alter your cast pieces?

I'd love to hear about other things that work really well with the resin but might produce a different outcome! Thanks for stopping by today!  ~ DeeDee

.................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog via e-mail on the right side bar.
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try molding some of the bits I have been afraid to use. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...