Friday, July 5

Seeing Potential in Found Objects...
AMAZING Inspiration from Susan M. Brown

Welcome to the long holiday weekend! Susan here with some AMAZING inspiration today. What are your favorite found objects??? For me it has to be shells, and other weathered, rusty and flattened objects I find on my daily travels... and I'm ALWAYS on the lookout. For this particular project, I have a lovely piece of shell I found on one of my trips to someplace tropical and I love it because this weathered piece of shell is in a heart shape... such potential, right?


I have every intention on using the original shell for a wire-wrapped and beaded necklace {that I've yet to make}, but meanwhile... Amazing Mold Putty to the rescue!!! I've made a mold of it to use for my artsy-crafty projects. Today it's in the STEAMPUNK genre. I've used the mold dusted with Gunmetal and Bronze Alumilite Metallic Powders and Amazing Casting Resin to make a shield for my Steampunk Flying Pig Button Fairy. I've also molded the layered, assembled buttons and gears – as many of these are one-off creations depending on the leftovers and goodies in my found object stash.


I think the shell piece gives a nice textural beastplate to my flying pig... and it came in handy that this particular casting was a bit of a mishap, as the top section had an air bubble that I couldn't see when I poured the Amazing Casting Resin. No worries! My layered geared nestled right in like it was meant  to be there... no altering necessary. For more information on how I created this button fairy... please click here.


I hope you are inspired to see found objects a little bit differently, perhaps in the shape, or utilizing it as part of a larger collection of items to form something entirely new.

What found objects do you treasure that you
could mold and cast into a new reality?

If you would like to see more of my creations,
please visit my blog sbartist : painting in the dark by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

...........................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...