Friday, April 18

Brenda Burfeind... an AMAZING Artist Spotlight


Today we feature Brenda Burfeind - who is one of the original Amazing Crafting Product addicts when the creative team was formed back in 2011. Brenda has always had unique and interesting projects using Amazing Mold Putty and today we hope you will get to know her a little better. It's been so wonderful to see her creativity flourish and our friendship grow as she finds unique and FUNctional ways to bring Amazing Crafting Products into most every project she dreams up. Enjoy! - Sb

"I've been crafting since I can't remember when. Both my mom and oma (German Grandma) were always creating something whether it was cooking, crocheting or sewing. My dad loved to draw (unfortunately I did not inherit that gene) and I was always surrounded by creativity. I started beading and making jewelry in my pre-teens and sold them at my opa's (German Grandpa) store. I was always encouraged to use my talents.
I would like to say a special thanks to Mike at Amazing Crafting Products for such wonderful products that he so generously supplies to us on the design team; and a SUPER special thanks to Susan for having faith in me and bringing me back to this wonderful group of designers. You are the amazing ones!"

Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

What did you want to be when you grew up?

"I wanted to be a lawyer. I thought I could 'fix' the world."



Coke or Pepsi?

"Coke for sure, but it's gotta be DIET – LOL!!!"



If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?

"Creativity is a State of MIND, and mine is full of it!"



What inspires you?

Within the last year I’ve become a member to an amazing organization called the Bottoms UpPink Ladies. I’ve been throwing darts for a little over 20 years and have loved the game since I started.  In the last year, the game has become more than just a game for me. We started a league for ladies and we had 26 teams sign up and that equaled 52 ladies throwing darts every Sunday afternoon for 6 weeks.  Recently we added a co-ed league with 29 teams of one woman and one man which equaled 58 people and we now throw every Monday evening. We started out by raising money for Breast Cancer survivors, but have decided that cancer is everywhere and should not be limited to that because NO ONE fights alone! We did recently hand over a check for $500 to a recipient that had a double mastectomy this last February. There wasn’t a dry eye in the place. Thankful to the Amazing Mold Putty blog, I’ve been a big contributor to the fundraising events and have made numerous projects to help raise money.  This past St. Patty’s Day parade I made beaded necklaces and you can view the post HERE and raised a good portion of money for our cause.  
I also made 175 plastic easter eggs with ribbons and pink darts and filled them with jelly beans since Easter was right around the corner.  Our bar owner (sponsor) donated a couple of bar tabs, drink tokens and gift certificates to a local restaurant and we sold ALL those eggs and raised $379 over the last two weekends. The out-pour of generosity was AMAZING! I am so proud to be a part of this organization.  Here is a picture of all those eggs I made. See those tiny darts, 175 of those created with an Amazing Mold Putty mold made from a dart earring, poured with Amazing Casting Resin and attached to hand-stamped Pink Ladies ribbons. Whew! But all worth it!
Now I need to figure out what I will be making for Mother's Day to continue to help raise money! My goal is to create something for every holiday throughout the year.


What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?
"I want to travel, travel, travel. I lived in Europe until I was 16 so I have seen most of it, but I would love to travel to every State in the U.S. and thus far I have 9 under my belt."


If you could mold ANYTHING with Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?
"There isn't anything I cannot mold because I've tried most of anything I've wanted. I am so over the top with this stuff. It is truly AMAZING!"


What style of music gets your creative juices going?

"I'm a huge Country music lover. I especially LOVE the old country. Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, George Jones is what I grew up with and when I just have "ME" time, that's what I listen to."


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed this peek inside Brenda's world. Please check back a little later today for some Amazing Inspiration from Brenda. You can see more of Brenda's AMAZING work at her blog, Creativity is a State of Mind.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...