Tuesday, April 29

Tracy Alden... An AMAZING Artist Spotlight

Today we feature Tracy Alden - one of our AMAZING team of Creatives... and a true Artist and Craftswoman. I was so excited to have stumbled upon Tracy's work to invite her to join this team - I had no idea at the time what a GEM she truly is. We are like-minded artists and Tracy is always experimenting and one idea that spawns another... and another. Each project she shares is a marvelous surprise... and her uniquely designed jewelry - SUBLIME {and completely one-of-a-kind}. Enjoy! - Sb

I was raised on arts and crafts; I can't even imagine a life without art of some form in it. Many in my family were and are involved in the arts, from fashion designers, painters, illustrators, dancers jewelry makers to engineers (when blueprints were drawn by hand). My family has been a great influence on me and without their love and support I would not be who I am today. Growing up my family home looked part library, museum, art studio and zoo; my home today is pretty much the same.
Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

What did you want to be when you grew up?
I had always loved drawing, dancing and wearable art even as a child.When young and fickle I didn't know if I wanted to be a fashion designer, comic illustrator or archeologist. As an adult I have had the amazing luck of working with clay, jewelry, illustration, museum replicas and product design and development in the art/hobby industry.


Coke or Pepsi?

Diet Pepsi


If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?

Artistic Endeavors an Ongoing Neurosis.


What inspires you?
Nature and Ancient Art are my top inspirations. Sometimes just watching the sun rise, rain drops or the wind moving leaves gets me sketching something. 


What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?
Travel the world even more. So many more wonderful museums and historical sites I would love to see. Top on list however is to see the pyramids in Egypt and South America.


If you could mold ANYTHING with Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?
I try to mold pretty much anything I love the texture and pattern of. I think the only limit is my imagination or if I have a pack of Amazing Mold Putty around.


What style of music gets your creative juices going?
I am quite fond of ambient and international folk music. Often I let my art project dictate the music, steampunk art work I play steampunk or Victorian music, supernatural themes I play Celtic, grunge or industrial I play metal or classic rock, etcetera.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed this peek inside Tracy's world. Please check back a little later today for some Inspiration from Tracy Alden. You can see more of Tracy's stunning and diverse work at her website Art Resurrected - here.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...