Friday, September 19

"Torn" at #Cre8time and all the AMAZING Possibilities... by Aimée Wheaton

Hi all!

I'm so torn lately, I have way too much going on in my life and that's my own fault but life is exciting. I started creating this piece and realized as it was evolving it was a metaphor for my life. Funny how art imitates life at times. I was thinking I'd call it "Split Personality" but "Torn" seemed like a better fit. This funky piece of art brought to life through the use of Amazing Mold Putty and a funny little doll head I bought from the amazing Cat Kerr!

Here is "Torn".




I started out with this cute doll head I bought from Cat and molded
it with Amazing Mold Putty {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


I had to do a few trials with it, the first batch of Amazing Casting Resin didn't turn out quite right. I think I put too many drops of Alumilite Dye in... so I ditched that piece and started over again. Next time I used the Alumidust instead. I chose gold and gunmetal. Please CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


You can see one of the bad ones in the background,
I may end up using it in another project.


I started out with a large wooden furniture dowel I had laying around and wrapped ripped up Sari ribbon on it as well as painted cheesecloth. I love using cheesecloth in everything!


I used some Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink in pink on the wood to add some extra color and then went back over that with Jet Black StazOn Ink as well to make it look worn.


Love how it brings out the texture!


Next came hammering in furniture tacks on all four
sides, alternating between black and brass.


I then coiled wire loosely around my finger
and cut 4 of them to wrap around the furniture tacks.


I then went back over the tacks with more painted cheesecloth and looped it over the tacks. Next came the embellishments and glue.

Using E6000® adhesive, I glued on the two doll heads on top and on the bottom the two resin pieces I had laying around using the Amazing Casting Resin as well as two large vintage buttons.

  

I like how worn and rough the dolls look. Not perfect at all. It adds to the character.


All in all this was a fun piece to make – except
the issues I had with the dye at the beginning. 


What do you think of her?

Let's see what you can create
with your variety of items,

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me. 

To see more of my work please visit my blog "Creative Flutters"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...