Wednesday, October 29

#Cre8time Tricks and TREATS... Monster Mash Party Thank You Cards by Maria Soto


Hi there, this is Maria and today I bring you a spooky Halloween Thank You card I created. Well Halloween is almost here and there will be lots of trick or treating going on, but also there will be lots of parties too. One of my sisters loves Halloween – it is her favorite holiday and she tries to always have a party for family and close friends to come over after all the walking around asking for treats or tricks. We get together for fun games, great food, candies and maybe even a scary movie. I thought it would be nice to make a few thank you cards she can give out to the adults that come over... a nice little treat to say thank you for coming over for a spooky gathering.

The materials I used for this project:

This project was inspired by this monster door I created with help from my daughter and friend a couple of weeks ago. 


So first thing was to cut out a similar shape out of cardboard with my Westcott scissors. Once I had the shape and size I wanted, it was time to get my Amazing Mold Putty out and get it ready to make my mold. You can CLICK HERE to view instructions on how to mix this amazing product. 

   

I wanted to show lots of distress on my mold, so I pealed off parts of the cardboard {as you can see on the photo above} until I had enough distress to make my mold. Once I had the cardboard shape I pushed it into the prepared Amazing Mold Putty – it only took about ten minutes for the mold to be ready to use.


Here you can see the finished mold.


I love how the Amazing Mold Putty shows
all the markings from the cardboard piece.


I thought coloring my mold with Sharpies in different colors would be a good idea. However I found out by trial and error, that this is not something you want to do. The chemicals in the Sharpies don't mix well with the Amazing Clear Cast Resin – it prevents it from curing 100%. To use this mold for my project, I used a Clorox wipe to remove as much of the ink from the sharpies as possible. 


Time to mix my casting resin, I will not add any color to my resin this time, I want to see if the resin picks up any of the sharpie ink left behind on my mold. CLICK HERE to view instructions on how to mix the Amazing Casting Resin


Here is a close up of the first resin piece I made, the resin did pick up some of the sharpie ink colors I used. To be honest this was my favorite, though it was hard to remove it from the mold, but it came out great. I added a little bit of black acrylic paint and I have to say I'm very happy with this piece.


Here is a fun piece I made using the Alumilite Fluorescent "FLO" green dye, I added the dye to the part "A" of the Amazing Casting Resin, mixed it well and then added part "B". I mixed completely and poured straight into the mold. I love the green color, and just might add some glow-in-the-dark paint on it later on – just for fun.


Here is a close up of the second piece I made, I brushed some of the Alumilite Metallic Powder to color this piece, copper and bronze, then I added the Amazing Casting Resin. Once it cured, I brushed some black and red acrylic paints, specially to highlight the mouth and eyes. 

  

For all these pieces I got the pin backs that have glue already on them – however I thought it would be safer to add these to the backs of my resin pieces before the Amazing Casting Resin was cured; hence using the resin as a glue to make sure the pins stay securely on. 


Here are a couple of photos of the finished thank you cards I put together, as you can see they get a little thank you note, along with a hand made Halloween jewelry piece and a candy treat. I'm hoping these are a hit at the party. 


For this card, I thought it would be fun to bring out some other resin cast pieces from my stash. I used a resin bird I colored with black acrylic paint with a tiny crystal for the eye and my resin doll head made with Amazing Casting Resin colored with the Alumilite Fluorescent "FLO" green dye, added some black acrylic paint and a few little crystals just to add some sparkle - everyone lives a little sparkle in their jewelry.


I hope you like my Spooktacular resin thank you cards! I think these little thank you gifts will be a hit with everyone at the party. 

How would you use these Amazing
products in your next party?

Share your projects with us, we love to see what
everyone creates with these Amazing Crafting Products.

Thanks for visiting! I invite you to stop over to my blog "What is Creativity"
at http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...