Wednesday, October 15

Just a Punch and a Stitch Away from AMAZING Handmade Jewels by Lynne Suprock

Lynne Suprock here again with an inspirational share (and a few quick "how-to's"), using Amazing Mold Putty, Amazing Casting Resin, Alumilite Dyes and Metallic Powders, my drill and punch! 

I enjoy making bracelets and prefer the recycled belt types. For this project, I used an old canvas belt, come snaps, coins of various sizes, and Amazing Crafting Products.


I molded the coins, then brushed Bronze (and I did a few with Gun Metal) Alumilite Metallic Powder, on the inside and filled with Amazing Casting Resin colored with Alumilite Black Dye.

The Amazing Casting Resin is really so very easy to either drill or punch and make holes for either jump rings or thread. Just be sure to first create a divot with a hammer and metal punch. Then make your holes. I used a 1.8mm sized hole punch and a 1/16" drill bit and a Dremel.


Punch a divot.


Use a drill. 


Use a mechanical punch.

After making the holes, I used some thread to attach each piece to the bracelet. 


Easy Peasy!

What items would you mold/cast
to adorn your custom jewelry?

Please share what you make with Amazing Crafting Products
on our website in the User Gallery.

Please visit my blog "Simply Pretty Stuff" to see more of my creations. ~ Lynne
CLICK HERE to view my upcoming workshop schedule where you can join me in person.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...