Thursday, October 23

Under the Light of the #Cre8time Moon Shines the Bride of Steampunkenstein... by Tanya Ruffin

According the Wikipedia Steampunk is a subgenre of speculative fiction or science fiction that emphasizes anachronistic technology, usually from the Victorian era. 


If you think of it that way, then the perfect Steampunk creation would be the Bride of Frankenstein. She was a Victorian lady that was then brought back to life using lightning, gears and gadgets.... and lots of gauze. 


First I started with a few Etsy purchased Bride of Frankenstein cameo molds that were cast in Amazing Mold Putty. Using some Alumilite Black Dye, I mixed up some Amazing Casting Resin and poured them into the mold {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


After the Amazing Casting Resin cured, the color wasn't quite dark enough for me, so I painted them all with acrylic paint.


Now the cameo is dark black. It looks a little wonky from this angle. I trimmed the edges with scissors and a cleaned up with a file (I use cheap fingernail files).


With E6000® I started gluing on embellishments. I had some large gears that I glued to the backside and a watch hand that I chose to represent the white streak in her hair. I also used some gold, silver and copper Rub 'n Buff®


I glued a bail to the back and added a rhinestone to the top. To act as dangles, I added a key charm, a longer watch hand, and another gear.

The finished piece!


Isn't she lovely!


How will you use
in your Steampunk creations?

Until Next Time... ~ Tanya

Tanya Ruffin with Create Studios

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com


Tanya Ruffin for tanyaruffin,com

Create Studios Baton Rouge

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...