Thursday, December 11

From TCHOTCHKE to Functional - Holiday Edition... by Tanya Ruffin


I frequent the local dollar store and on a recent visit I saw badly painted excuse for a nativity. Which inspired today's edition of "From Tchotchke to Functional" using Amazing Casting Products!


So of course I had to grab it up to see what I could make of it.


Using Amazing Mold Putty I made a mold. The original was more cone shaped and I knew the mold would give me a flat back. This was perfect because my plan was to glue two castings back to back!


After casting 2 pieces with Amazing Casting Resin, I painted both with black acrylic paint and then went over them with silver Rub 'n Buff®.


I then glued the lower half of the two pieces back to back with E6000® adhesive and placed a rubber band around the bottom to secure overnight.


Once it was dry you can slide a photo or, in this case, a card into the slot.

Now it looks nothing like the original piece!


What do you see when you
look at tchotchkes?

Good Luck and Craft Your Own Way! ~ Tanya


Tanya Ruffin with Create Studios

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com


Tanya Ruffin for tanyaruffin,com

Create Studios Baton Rouge

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...