Wednesday, January 14

#CHA2015 RECAP... AMAZING Cookie Cutter Snow Globe by Isabel Villarreal


Hi everyone! This is Isabel and for last month's post I made a snow globe bracelet and I was so happy with it that I decided to try making something similar on a larger scale. (You can see my last post for in-depth instructions on making a snow globe - CLICK HERE). This time, I used a different method to make the "globe" and it made this faster and simpler and I'd like to share it with you.

I actually made two of these and the other one {which had a gem studded heart in the center} was on display in the Amazing Crafting Products/Alumilite Corp. Booth #1427 at the Winter 2015 Craft and Hobby Association Mega Show!


Did you see it???


Start with a cookie cutter and use hot glue to create a seal around the bottom edge. I glued it to the shiny side of a piece of packing tape. Then pour a thin layer of Amazing Clear Cast Resin inside the cookie cutter. 


When the Amazing Clear Cast Resin dries punch a hole into the side of the cookie cutter. I used a Crop-A-Dile to punch mine. The hole should be wherever you figure the top will be on your cutter. What's the hole for? 

Wait for it....


Flip the cookie cutter over onto the other edge and seal with hot glue. The hole in cookie cutter will allow you to use a dropper to inject a thin layer of Amazing Clear Cast Resin to create a hollow shape from a cookie cutter. It also gives you good access for filling your hollow shape.

  

After it dried I poured a thin layer of Amazing Clear Cast Resin with a few drops of Alumilite White Dye and a dash of Alumilite Pearlescent powder to one side of the star.


After filling the star and sealing the hole, I wrapped a plaid ribbon around the entire shape and it was done in just a few steps, this time around. These cookie cutter snow globes make a great little gift or ornament, or make a few for yourself!

What fun ideas will you bring to life
with Amazing Clear Cast Resin?

I'd love to see what you create! Please upload and share your creations to the

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...