Tuesday, March 31

Sail Away With Me... #MixedMedia on the #Cre8time Seas by Melissa Johnson


Good morning! Today I am sharing a fun little project that I made using some Amazing Mold Putty, Amazing Casting Resin, and Amazing Clear Cast Resin


I was inspired to make a little vintage style sailboat after seeing some cheap neon colored plastic boats at Dollar Tree. To begin, I mixed up some Amazing Mold Putty and molded the bottom piece of the boat. I pulled the plastic sail off because I wanted to make my own. Before I added the Amazing Casting Resin, I dusted the mold with Cotton Candy and Gold Alumidust.


My mold was a little bit wonky, but I was actually good with that. I wanted the boat to look a little bit beaten and worn to really give it that vintage feel. I mixed up some more Cotton Candy Alumidust with some Golden Clear Tar Gel and brushed that on over the top.


Then I decided that I didn't like the way it was looking, so I added a layer of printed tissue paper collaged over the top and brushed with a mixture of Golden Raw Umber paint and Golden Acrylic glaze. 


While that was drying, I coated a piece of vintage paper with Amazing Clear Cast Resin using a sponge. I let that dry overnight then cut it into the shape of a sail for the boat. 


I used my Dremmel tool to drill a hole in the boat. Then, I went hunting around in my backyard for the perfect stick to use as a mast. I hot glued the stick inside of the hole and held it upright until it was set. 

And here is the finished product! 



How would you use
in your mixed media arting?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG, to see more of my mixed media creations.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...