Wednesday, May 20

#Altered Outlet Covers??! AMAZING Inspiration by Brenda Burfeind


Hello and welcome to another Inspiration post by me, Brenda, from Creativity is a State of Mind. I love my blog name, because everyone perceives creativity differently. I know I make some things and people just shake their head, but others love it. I'm here to show you how to dress up your outlet covers for every room in the house...

Since my 3 grandchildren came back to live with me I've had to child proof my house again. They range in ages from 1 to 5 and they are the love of my life but they mange to get into a bunch of mischief. They definitely keep me on my toes. The other day I caught the 1 year old playing by my outlets and was a bit concerned so I decided to make my outlets look pretty!


I purchased some of these outlet plugs, but they are so boring and I thought I could probably dress them up a bit so let's get started.

Boring RIGHT? So while rummaging through my big box of "Not Yet Finished" resin pieces I found a couple I could dress these plugs up with. Whenever I create resin pieces I manage to over create! I absolutely love using Amazing Casting Products – but I've managed to create a bunch of extra pieces that can be used for future projects, just like this one!

Everything shown below was created with all the Amazing Casting Products from the Amazing Mold Putty to create the mold. The Amazing Casting Resin to create the piece and the Alumilite Dyes, Alumidust or the Alumilite Metallic Powders to color the pieces!


Using my E6000® glue I added this elephant to a plug.


Again using E6000® I glued an altered domino resin piece to the plug after painting the plug black. This would go nicely in your game room!


Yet again, using the E6000® glue I glued this vine piece to a plug after painting it with a green to match! How about adding this to your sunroom?

I hope I've inspired you to create some plug covers for your house. 

Please leave me a comment and tell me what you'd create and for which room!

Until next time, Brenda unplugging!

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya! With yesterday's blog post I've already received 6 orders. Crazy

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...