Thursday, June 25

GREEN with #Cre8time Envy... AMAZING #Polymer Jewels by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with another Amazing Casting Products project! Following in the footsteps of my last Polymer Clay and Resin project, I wanted to try more ways of doing resin coats on clay to highlight detail and to give a more finished look. This time I thought about creating the look of glazed porcelain, perfect for a series of Garden themed jewelry. 

Supplies:


I started with conditioned polymer clay, tinted a pale green. I stacked two pieces of conditioned clay to create the base for the pieces and used an acrylic roller to blend the layers.


Using small clay cutters, I cut oval and circle
shapes to create the jewelry pieces.


Using Alumilite's 4 Piece Carver Set, I created thin lines that looked like reeds, being careful to press into the clay deep enough to act as a mini reservoir for a resin pour later on.


After creating reeds and small lines to look like branches, I used the Alumilite's 4 Piece Carver Set to press in little indentations to look like stylized leaves and blooms. I then baked the clay as per the manufacturers instructions. *If you use air dry clay make sure to let them dry overnight.* 


Once the pieces are fully cured, I lightly sanded the edges
and made sure any loose bits of clay or dust was removed.


I mixed a small amount of green Alumilite Dye with Amazing Clear Cast Resin, making sure to fully stir the dye into the resin and let it sit for 10 minutes. By letting the resin sit for 10 minutes, the resin will be thicker and stick more to the polymer clay pieces. I carefully applied the resin to the front of the pieces with a toothpick, making sure to get in all the carved elements and popping any air bubbles that formed.


I carefully removed any drips and excess resin with a cosmetic sponge, careful to blot the excess lightly as to not soak up the resin filling in the carved details. I let them cure completely, as per manufacturers instructions.


Once all of the pieces were fully cured, I carefully drilled holes with a hand drill to be able to thread cord or wire through each piece.


With the addition of chain and glass beads
from Fiona Accessories the pieces are ready to wear!

What AMAZING arts and crafts can you create?


Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!

Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...