Friday, January 22

Lara Hjorthoy... an Amazing Featured Artist Spotlight


Greetings AMAZING Crafters! Today we have a fun questionnaire that we posed to our Featured Artist Lara Hjorthoy! Have fun getting to know her a little better and enjoy the eye candy, too! :) Sb

A little bit about Lara...


I'm Lara Hjorthoy(your-toy), from Vancouver, Canada. I'm an Illustrator, Sculptor, and Makeup Artist! Also work part-time as a retail sales clerk for Opus Art Supplies, on beautiful Granville Island.

After a life long addiction to drawing and art, I spent a year in beauty and special FX makeup school and solidified another great love... sculpture... and zombies!

Now I spend my time, sculpting and molding cute creatures of all kinds, (available for sale at my Etsy Shop: YourToyCreations.etsy.com, painting calm and whimsical worlds and occasionally creating zombie madness! Learning resin and mold making is taking all these worlds to whole new levels!! You can check out my works and Blog at www.larahjorthoy.com or my day to day art stuff at Instagram.com/auntyluluscolours.

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

• • • • •

What did you want to be when you grew up?
"When I was little, I wanted to be an artist, nothing specific, just an artist. When I was a teen, I spent most of my high school years, attempting to be an actress. For a while as an adult, I wanted to be a singer, and spent a number of years fronting my husbands and I's act, Good Natured Threat, but realized, I'm not so fond of performing! I prefer the behind the scene type of thing, so I went to school to be a Makeup Artist. After school, I did a few jobs, won a few contests, has some fun, but my heart and soul have always been in painting and drawing. Thankfully school helped me explore a new love, Sculpting! And... I've been doing that since!"

Coke or Pepsi???

"Coke! BUT, I hardly drink pop at all these days,
however,  I'll always go for a Coke!"


What inspires you?
"Sooooo many things and soooooo many people! I'm lucky to work in a part time job, surrounded by some of the most amazingly, inspiring artists, their daily creativity and the people I meet, push me to work harder and better! However, first and foremost, my husband! He's been a musician for forever, and his tenacity and drive to get his art out there, drove me to do the same. He'll always be my number one inspiration!  "

What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?


http://www.nps.gov/havo/planyourvisit/jaggar_museum.htm
Halema‘uma‘u in the Evening; NPS Photo by Edward Shiinoki.
Photo from Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park site for Jagger Museum Overlook.

"I want to see a volcano erupt. Hopefully far enough away to not get hurt, but definitely close enough to be nervous! LOL!"

If you could print any phrase
on a T-shirt, what would it say?
"LOL... when my classmates and I were in school, we wanted to make T-shirts that said, 'I'm a makeup artist, not a magician'. But honestly, that's mean, so, maybe... 'You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it... with a club!'"

If you could mold ANYTHING with
Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?
"Well... and I think I WILL try and do this – I want to make prosthetic wounds...
you know, cuts and bullet holes etc... nasty, but awesome stuff."

What style of music gets your creative juices going?
"I'm a pretty chill kind of gal, and that's what I listen to. Electronic bands, Trip Hop... Portishead, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation... stuff like that!"


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Thanks so much for dropping by! Check back next Friday for more from our Featured Artist Lara Hjorthoy! CLICK HERE to head on over to Lara's Blog larahjorthoy.com and see more of her fabulous work, or pop over to her on Instagram for her latest creations and sneak peeks of what she's working on!

Have a fabulous day! :) Sb

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. She's pretty awesome! Cheers to Amazing Casting Products for top quality products, and GREAT taste! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...