Saturday, February 13

When Inspiration takes a #Cre8time Trip to the Beach... by Brenda Burfeind


Good day friends! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind with a miniature pallet project. Our fearless leader Susan is always encouraging this fabulous Creative Team and a while ago she sent me a picture of an altered pallet that she thought I would love. I had painted a pallet awhile back to look like an American Flag. If you at all follow me and my blog you will know I am very patriotic. Here is a picture of the flag pllet I painted:


I absolutely love the way it turned out and after posting my pictures to facebook I got 3 orders to make them for friends and friends of friends. Crafting pays off!!!

Anyway, this is the pallet inspiration that Susan sent me:


I love the way it looked but really had no need to create another LARGE pallet. So instead... I started out with my Amazing Mold Putty and a starfish from my sand collection (you'll see what I mean later in the post) and molded it. You can view a video HERE on how to prepare your mold putty.

  

Be very careful demolding something as delicate as the starfish. I actually sprayed my starfish with some UMR mold release {or you could use cooking spray also} before pressing it into the Amazing Mold Putty.

I poured my mold with some Amazing Casting Resin (you can view a video HERE to see how to prepare that as well) and let that set up.


Meanwhile, I built my pallet sign using ordinary popsicle sticks.

  

I glued it all together with E6000® and let that
set up while I continued making more starfish.

  

and rubbed the starfish with a little bit of
gold Alumidust just enough to give it some color.

  

and then glued them onto my shredding (see below) with more E6000®.


The hoarder that I am – I found some of this shredding I had saved from some packaging I had. I decided this would be perfect to give my pallet some color.


Not at all what the original picture was, but love it just the same!


and this is what I created.


It sits nicely among my bottles of sand I collect from all over the world. Every time I have friends travel to different places, I ask them to bring me sand – then I bottle it and display it in my bathroom as it is beach themed. My most favorite, exotic sand is from Egypt!

I hope I've given you some inspiration – and remember, when you recreate a project... it doesn't have to be identical.

What would you recreate to look different?

Thanks for joining me again this week and I look forward to your comments.

Sailing on till next time, Brenda

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...