Wednesday, May 25

#Cre8time Happy Accidents... DIY Butterfly Hairclip by Brenda Burfeind

Good day! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind with a tutorial how to use your resin paper to create a butterfly hairclip. The paper I am going to use today was created by accident, literally!

My box of resin paper.

So what happened... I was going to pour a mold using Amazing Casting Resin and the Violet Alumilite Dye that I had mixed up. While picking up my measuring cup, I knocked it over instead and my resin spilled everywhere. Thank goodness I keep paper towels within arms reach when pouring molds. 

I quickly wiped it up and was about to throw the paper towel away when I realized it may come in handy. I laid it out on my teflon sheet (if you don't have one you can also use a white plastic garbage bag) as flat as possible and within 10 minutes it had set up nicely. I tried to make sure that there weren't too many thick areas so that it would still be somewhat pliable and easy to cut.


Then I wondered if my new Stampin' Up butterfly die would work on it?

  

I located an area of the paper towel with most of the purple, cut around the butterfly and ran it through the Cuttlebug! Perfection!!!


Now the paper towel is pliable and the die cut it out AMAZINGLY! Do you see the awesome texture the paper towel gave the butterfly?


I had just enough of the purple resin area
so that I was able to cut the butterfly twice!


I glued the edges and pinched it together to create a 3D effect. 
Kind of like a cage.


I also used a Sharpie to draw in the butterfly body and my E6000® 
was the perfect way to attach the butterfly to the hair clip.

I love happy crafty accidents! 

:)



My granddaughter has the perfect hair for this awesome butterfly clip.

What would you create
with resin paper?

Thank you for stopping by today and I would love to hear from you. Leave me a comment and tell me what you would create using your Amazing Resin paper!

Until next time, ~ Brenda 

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...