Friday, February 17

Putting on the #Cre8time Glitz! Fabulous FAUX Druzy by Brenda Burfeind


Good day fellow crafters! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind and I'm so glad to be back showing you my newest fun addiction. I've taken a bit of a break from blogging but not crafting – so I will have lots to show you in the upcoming weeks. I hope you will jump over to my blog soon as check out all the fun things I've done. But while you are here, let's see what I have in store for you today. I've been thinking Valentine's Day projects and the red just fit my mood.

For this little number... I started out with Amazing Clear Cast Resin and the Alumilite Red Dye and an empty bezel.


I added about 2 tiny drops of the Alumilite Red Dye to the Amazing Clear Cast Resin after it was all mixed up (you can view mixing techniques HERE), and it gives it a beautiful rich red color. I then slowly poured that into my bezel and let this cure overnight. The clear cast resin does need to cure for a good 24 hours depending on how thick it is.


Meanwhile, I took one of these glass globs and let my frustration out on it. Seriously put your glob in a baggie and after a couple good whacks with a hammer... it's broken up nicely. Please don't forget your eye protection!

  

Next I took my silver alcohol ink and added a few drops into an empty pill container and added a few glass chunks. I also did the same with the cranberry alcohol inks and more glass pieces.

  

Swish your pill bottle around and pour your alcohol out (I actually pour it into another bottle and use it for my next project), and then pour your glass shards onto a paper plate and let dry. Since my resin has to cure overnight, I just left my glass chunks to dry the same time.


Once the resin has cured I mix up a tiny batch of more Amazing Clear Cast Resin and paint a layer over the cured resin... then the magic starts! I carefully place the glass pieces into the resin. Building up in the middle and then layering around to fill the entire bezel. I used mainly the red chunks and added a few silver chunks here and there. Then I let this cure again for another 24 hours.


I added a vintage chain that I got at an auction of some broken jewelry.

Isn't this gorgeous?


I absolutely love this bracelet!!
Honestly these pictures do it no justice at all. 


How do you customize your jewelry?

So I hope you've enjoyed my project for today! I invite you to stop over to my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see all that I've been making. Thanks for joining me today and I would love to hear your feedback on today's bracelet. What color faux druzy would you make?

Until next time... ~ Brenda

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...