Friday, July 21

Happy Bird-day!! An Amazing #Cre8time Transformation by Maria Soto


Hi there! Happy BIRD-day! Maria here today to start off the weekend with a fun Cre8time project! You never know when or where inspiration will strike – this project was hatched from Easter!

Some time ago after Easter, I went shopping and noticed these cute tin bird containers that were on clearance. They were filled with some type of hard candy, but all I could think about is how I wanted to make a mold out of the container!!! So I bought two and went home with lots of tasty Easter candy.


I used Amazing Mold Putty for making a mold of my fun bird tin.
CLICK HERE to view instructions for making a mold.


In about 10-15 minutes, my mold is ready to use! Amazing Mold Putty is truly amazing – it works fast and it captures lots of detail, too!


I plan on hand-painting this birdie, so I decided to use Amazing Casting Resin to make my first piece. Follow the easy 1:1 instructions for mixing this resin -AND- keep in mind that it begins to cure very quickly {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.

**A TIP** This is a fairly large mold, and with larger volumes you will feel it getting hot faster... so make sure your mold is ready for it. Larger pours of Amazing Casting Resin cure quicker than smaller ones will. Keep an extra mold on hand in case you mixed too much resin – you don't want to waste this product.


I used a pencil to draw some patterns to get an idea of what designs I wanted. I could just ink these lines in with a black, gold or silver permanent pen and this would make a lovely ornament. But I plan to add some color!


I always like to paint my pieces with white acrylic first. I find it allows me to use any type of paints I want on top afterward.


For this project, I used an assortment of DecoArt Patio Paints;
simply because I love the bright colors.


Now the fun starts – I get to paint, paint, paint! First I painted the base coat, all green. I just had too much fun painting this little birdie! Once I got started I got carried away, then suddenly all the painting was done {sorry I don't have any photos to share}. 


Then I added some little clear acrylic drops to add more dimension, then used pens to add detail to the bird – giving a bit more color, illusion of dimension to the piece.

  

Here's a close-up of the head and tail to show the transparency
of the drops – they make the colors underneath POP.


I felt this little bird needed something else, so I glued some green ribbon to the back for hanging. Since I had all these small pieces of foil paper from Rinea, I thought, "why not give this pretty bird a fun party hat"... and here I give you the finished piece!

You are a little party animal,
you little birdie!


I hope I have inspired you to have "FUN" with these amazing products. I always do, they allow me to get really creative, they allow me to imagine and create!

What would you reimagine using
these Amazing products? 

Thanks for visiting! I invite you to stop over to my blog, "What is Creativity"
 at http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. ~ Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...