Thursday, October 27

It's a spooky surprise

 Good morning and welcome to another project using the Amazing Molding Putty.  If you missed my first tutorial using this stuff, click here.  Since I've had this stuff I have made some amazing things but this is one of my favorite tuts.  Now I did not use the Molding Putty for the first project, but the second one I did so keep reading.
I started by melting some candle wax in my pot
all melted....
Then I cut my candle wicks to the desired length of the mold
and poured my wax into the mold
I put them in the freezer and they were ready in 10 minutes
I laid my wick on one side of my candled skull
added a bit of wax ontop of it
and squished the two pieces together
and created a tiny skull candle.
3D skull candle.
another look
Here I made a mold of Winnie the Pooh's face
with the Amazing Mold Putty
melted down some old candles I had
Poured my wax into the mold
again, put it in the freezer for 10 minutes
here is one half
laid my wick again onto the one side of the half
and covered it with some more wax
to create my 3D Winnie the Pooh candle
another look


Now I do NOT recommend to let these candles burn by themselves.  I think it would be cute to have the candle on a birthday cake or Halloween cupcake more for decoration, but it's still a pretty neat idea.  I hope I've inspired you to create something with the Amazing Mold Putty cuz the possibilities are endless.  If you'd like to see more of my creations, click here and I will see you again soon.  Hugs, Brenda

4 comments:

  1. I love the Winnie the pooh!!! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, Wanted to let you know that I just joined the "Brenda's Putty Projects Fan Club". Love your ideas.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...