Wednesday, August 15

NAPKIN MADNESS!

So once in awhile I actually get to sit down and just play. Last night I did just that and my go to "toy" of course is my Amazing Casting Resin. This is what I came up with, it was so fun to watch come together, I didn't know if it would work or what the results would be. But either way nothing was going to stop me from creating and here's the result. My only question to you is this... what would you do with this technique???

I started with a square mold created from Amazing Mold Putty and lined the mold with one ply of a pretty paper napkin.


When it was dry I removed it from the mold... drum roll.

And this is what came out.
Now I think it was pretty cool as it was, but I took it one step further...


And sanded it. 


Now I'm not sure what I'll do with this little idea,
but I'd love to hear what you'd do with it. 

The only thing I'd like to try next, is to use a thinner layer of Amazing Casting Resin, so that I could achieve an almost see-thru effect. Pretty cool uh? ~ Lee Brehon

Now if ALL the cool projects on this blog haven't gotten you to www.moldputty.com yet what are you waiting for? Right now you get 20% your entire purchase when you use code AMP20. Now is a great time to try their products!

2 comments:

  1. this turn out really cool. great way to think out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I think there is a lot of things that could come out of this. I have some butterfly napkins I think I'll try it with them and add tiny rhinestones or micro beads on the wings. I'll try to send a pic when I get it done, even if it doesn't turn out well it will be worth the effort. If it does I think I'll use it for a pendant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...