Monday, September 24

Resin Christmas Ornaments

By Amanda Marks

This is my last individual Design Team Post for Amazing Crafting Products.  I would like to thank Amazing Crafting Products and Terri Sproul for this wonderful opportunity.  I would also like to remind everyone that Amazing Crafting Products is teaming up with the Creative Paperclay® Design Team for a Fall Themed Blog Hop on September 29th.  There will be blog candy offered if you complete the hop so come join us and see some amazing creations with two amazing products!

Every year I create Christmas Ornaments for my Etsy Store and donate half to a specific charity (Trevor's Project, St. Jude's, NWF, March of Dimes, Feed the Hungry, etc.).  Every year I am under the wire to finish ornaments and never get as many as I would like.  This year I decided to mold the original clay ornaments in mold putty, cast them in resin and hand paint them.  This way I could make a ton of ornaments (a ton in my book is more than one), sell them at a cheaper price and still donate money to charity.


1.  Materials:  
2.  Take equal parts A & B of the Mold Putty
3.  Knead together as quickly as possible.
4.  Place item in the mold.  Allow item to set for 5-10 minutes before unmolding.
5.  Mix resin equal parts A & B and pour into molds.
6.  Allow resin to cure about 5-10 minutes. 
7.  Un-mold and paint with acrylic craft paint.


I currently have 5 new ornaments and plan on making a lot more for my Etsy Shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...