Monday, December 3

Collaboration with my HUSBAND - Ya its true!

Resin and Woodworking come together as ONE!
 
I can't express how lucky I am to have such a talented woodworker for a husband.
He encourages me in my creative endeavors and helps me realize my ideas.
 
So it should come as no surprise that Kevin and I collaborated on some pieces using wood and resin.
 
Our first piece was the pink and white two piece pen. Not our best effort, but as a first piece I don't think it was "half" bad, LOL. We have since gone on to create many more pieces together.
We even demoed The Amazing Mold Putty and Casting Resin at the local Woodworkers Guild meeting last month.
 
Kevin has posted a blog post and explains all about our work HERE

We have progressed in our skill and knowledge of pouring and turning resin, here was the next piece we made.
 

 
The lid of this piece was made using plastic packaging.
 
 
Many of the pens have already been spoken for or are being given away as teacher gifts this year.
My husband has been getting ready to post more info on his blog about these pieces, so check back there when you can.
 
Don't be afraid to work with other artists to create magic. Not only do you get to learn new ways to do things with the products you have, but the exposure to other artists creative world can open alot more doors for you and for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...