Friday, October 18

Handmade Chocolate Molds Top Off a Tasty Cake... AMAZING Inspiration by Featured Artist Niki Meiners

Hello everyone! Niki here today sharing a fun way to use Amazing Mold Putty. One of the little known uses for Amazing Mold Putty is a mold for food. It is completely food grade and can even be baked in. I like to bake and decorate cakes. Handmade molds are great for chocolate and to use for fondant too.


This handmade chocolate mold was made from a small hand carved stamp from India that I purchased. I have crafty plans for the stamp and wanted to be able to use it in baking too. That is when I decided to make a mold of it with Amazing Mold Putty and use it for chocolates.


The cake it is featured on is a chocolate peanut butter layer cake. I cheat and use a chocolate cake mix from the box and amend the recipe by adding chocolate pudding and a little extra chocolate. I would normally make the topper out of dark chocolate and not white chocolate.


The dark chocolate did not show up well for photographs and I really wanted to show you the detail possible in a mold. I hope you try the recipe. If you are a chocolate lover then this is the cake for you! 

Chocolate Fudge Cake 

2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding 
4 eggs
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water 

Peanut Butter Frosting
Makes about 5 cups 

10 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened 
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter

1. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. 

2. Add the peanut butter and beat until thoroughly blended.

Drizzle chocolaté or peanut butter ice-cream topping over the cake. Sprinkle on some nuts and viola.

What sweet treats would you create


Thanks so much for dropping by! Don't forget to mark your calendars. Join me here on
Oct. 25th - I will be back with another AMAZING project... you don't want to miss it!

To see check out more of my creative work, please visit

Have a fabulous day! ~ Niki

...........................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog via Networked Blogs,
bloglovin' or via email on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

6 comments:

  1. I'm using this recipe this weekend! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about make some molds to make candies for Halloween cupcake decorations. pretty cool - the cake just made me want cake! specially with chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nummy! I want some, but hubby (who is diabetic) is really trying to cut out sweets, so I'll have to be satisfy with dreaming about it! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful, I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL cake Niki~!
    Great use of AMP mold putty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks truly yummy. I can't wait to attempt to cook this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...