Wednesday, November 6

"Tie a Purple Ribbon 'Round..." AMAZING Resin Ribbon Bracelet by Brenda Burfeind

Hi there, it's Brenda again to show you an amazing fall bracelet. About a week ago I showed you how to resin your mulberry paper and if you missed it, you can go HERE to check out the post. Since it worked so well I decided to try adding resin to some ribbon...and I LOVE the outcome!


First start by mixing your Alumilite Violet Dye to part "A" of the Amazing Clear Cast Resin. Make sure to mix it up well and then mix that with your part "B" of the Amazing Clear Cast Resin again, stirring well to get it all mixed together well.


Then I used a piece of packing foam (recycled) as my sponge and "painted" it onto the ribbon coating both sides on top of a garbage bag. Leave your ribbon on the garbage bag to dry and it will just lift right off when it has dried. Once it's dry it becomes hard but yet still pliable. 


I made a leaf using the Amazing Clear Cast Resin with Alumilite (Flo) Green Dye. Doesn't it look like glass? I used a brown sharpie to add the veins on the leaf and then "painted" another coat of Amazing Clear Cast Resin over the top of that to shine up the "sharpie".


I attached the leaf with some E6000® and there I have an amazing fall bracelet. 


I also used my Crop-A-Dile™ to attach some eyelets to the "ribbon" and added a clasp.


How would you use ribbon covered

Thank you for stopping by and I will see you in a couple of weeks with another Inspiration Post. Until then, I would love it if you came over to Creativity is a State of Mind. ~ Brenda

........................................... 

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. Brenda you continue to always surprise me with simple and stunning jewelry pieces. Resin coated ribbon - this is genius on SO MANY LEVELS... imagine NO FRAYING... ever! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...