Friday, March 21

#Cre8time for Remembrance... Memorial Keychain by Lonnie Sexton

 

Cassidy's Memorial Key Chain

There is no easy way to say it... losing a pet sucks! Unfortunately, because we lost our cat Cassidy – I share this project today. She lived with us for 10 years. I took her in when the owner had to move out of state.

  
I installed shelves, steps and ledges all over the house.



She had to drink from a slow running faucet 2-3 times per day…


And she was really picky about food...


I took so many pictures; she would hide her face when I used a flash.



She was a few months shy of 20 years old when she died. Her condition declined quickly over night on the 10th. I took her to the vet already sensing what was ahead. She had her spleen removed for cancer 2 years previous and only given 3 months to live. Under strong recommendation from her vet after her heart stopped and started. She had enough, the shot was given.

I truly hope you never have to make one of these for the same reason. Although, I feel blessed for the last 10 years I spent with Cassidy and the ability to create this memorial. Thanks to good people at Amazing Crafting Products for the idea. It’s good to have creative friends!




Gone, Never forgotten...

Thank you for joining me – I hope you enjoy this special project. Lonnie Sexton

.................................

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, I too have three rescued cats and love them so much. Your project is beautiful, you gave this cat a great life and will forever be in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! And thank you for being a Rescuer! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, it's hard to explain but the moment it came out of the mold, I felt better. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh how I feel your pain!! I lost 3 cats since May of last year - 2 in the same week of December. . . But I would never have traded their love for anything, and I was blessed that my cats were also 18 & 19 - I would love to have this as a necklace. . . beautiful job!!! <3 (and I am happy to report my house is once again full of furbabies. . .all rescues) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwe! These would be easy to make as a necklace, maybe a little smaller and 3 of them in a circle... :) Rescuers make my day, Thank you Christi!

      Delete
  4. Just found this post. Does suck to let them go but they trust us with their life and their death. We rescue and have had 7 at one time. Down to 4 now and somewhat normal life... lol. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...