Friday, March 28

Moving Inspired #Cre8time... Casted Furniture Pendant by Featured Artist Melony Miller Bradley

Hello Amazing Creatives! I'm Melony, Featured Artist for Amazing Crafting Products for March. I have a fun pendant project to share using Amazing Clear Cast Resin and an ordinary household item... furniture casters.


While moving the couch the other day from one room in my home to another, I noticed these wood furniture casters I had been using under the legs to keep the couch from moving. They are made from wood and seemed to be the perfect size for a large pendant. I decided to use them with my Amazing Clear Cast Resin. These casters can be purchased at home improvement stores in packages of four.


I wanted to change the finish of the wood and use these tiny laser cut wood birds in my design as well. I painted all the pieces dark brown and then dry brushed them with white paint.


To design the pendant, I traced a circle from an old book page cut it out. I used the bottom of a large paint bottle, since that was the approximate size of the circle. I used decoupage medium to adhere paper into the disc and also as a sealer to protect the resin from soaking through the paper. I let this completely dry before proceeding.


I then arranged components inside the circle, including some stones and some rhinestone trim, and then glued the pieces down.

When dry, I then mixed the Amazing Clear Cast Resin using equal parts of "A" and "B" (3 units each) and poured it into the circle. Please CLICK HERE to view preparation/mixing of Amazing Clear Cast Resin.


I love making these pendants because the process is fast and fun!


Thank you for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed my project!
To see check out more of my creative work, please visit  my blog

Mel Designs at http://mel-designs.typepad.com.

Live Life Creatively,
...........................................

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog via Networked Blogs,
bloglovin' or via email on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...