Thursday, April 3

Mixed Media comes ALIVE when Painting with Resin... AMAZING Inspiration from Maria Soto

Hi there, this is Maria bringing you another inspiration post. I wanted to make a mixed media project and decided to use Amazing Casting Resin the way you would use gesso or modeling cream. I did use the Amazing Casting Resin on a previous project to give lots of dimension, but I wanted to try it on paper this time. I decided to use it around the tissue for dimension and also as an adhesive for the plastic mesh I used, and also for the hair on both images. Please {click here} to visit my blog to see my creative process and how this piece came to life.


Here you can see the Amazing Casting Resin curing. It changes from clear to white – once it becomes completely white it is done. I poured about three times on this piece, painting the resin in between. 


This is the final piece, you can see some of the detail in the photo – but in real life there's a lot of dimension from using the Amazing Casting Resin... just the effect I was looking for. 

Please CLICK HERE to see the full process.

I hope I have inspired you try Amazing Casting Resin in different ways. I love to experiment and to find as many uses as I can from the products I love to craft with. You can be sure that I will be using resin in my mixed media journals from now on – and experimenting to find different results.


How will you use resin to add dimension
in your mixed media projects?

Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget to check out projects from all the other designer's here and sign up to get email alerts... that's how you will always know what we're up to.

I invite you to stop over to my blog "What is Creativity"
at http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...