Thursday, June 12

Drinks on Me! AMAZING Inspiration by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with a inspiration post using Amazing Crafting Products. While often my inspiration for projects comes out of the blue, this time I had some help from the wonderful and talented Susan M. Brown, Creative Team Leader here at Amazing Crafting Products and is also den mother of Anything But a Card Challenges. She asked me if I would be willing to be a guest designer for the Anything But a Card Challenge Challenge #36 : Summer Lovin’: A celebration of all things summer! Summer weather, vacations, sunflowers, beach parties, cold drinks and barbecues… bright colors and wide open sky. Pool parties all day, then sitting in lawn chairs sipping drinks and watching the night sky.

It got me thinking of trips to the beach, BBQs and parties, which barreled into foods, drinks and sometimes the mishaps of spilled drinks. A spilled drink necklace as a fun addition to summer party ensemble came to mind, but I needed resin to do the job!


I started with using polymer clay to create the central pieces. Once I made those, I molded them and poured Amazing Clear Cast Resin. The resin pieces came out frosted by using the Amazing Mold Putty and that was the perfect look for the glass and ice cubes.


With a second pouring of Amazing Clear Cast Resin, I tinted the resin
with Alumilite Dyes to create the spilled drink.


With a simple change of dye used with the resin
I can create any spilled drink I would like!


I also made a set of earrings to match the necklace, using the same process.
The tutorial for this project can be found HERE!

What AMAZING arts and crafts can you create???

Please share them on the user GALLERY on the Amazing Mold Putty Website!

Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!
Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

3 comments:

  1. oh, I love this project - it does make me think of a summer evening by the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it Maria and Isie. :) It really is a fun project and so easy to cast once the molds are made.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...