Thursday, July 3

Show Your #Cre8time Colors... wearing Red, White and Blue Stars by Brenda Burfeind

Good day all! Brenda here again from Creativity is a State of Mind sharing an amazing embossing technique. Now those of you that follow me know that my favorite color is purple, I make all kinds of jewelry, I LOVE elephants and my favorite holiday is ... 4th of July. My husband was born on the 4th and where we live in South Dakota it is legal to blow off fireworks from the 1st thru the 5th of July. Hubby has turned our youngest son into a pyro also. They build all kinds of contraptions and fuse things together to make the biggest and best fireworks display. It's gotten to the point that we don't even go see the "free" show at the park. We have a big party at our house and have lots of lots of friends and family come join out festivities. We set up a bean bag tournament and fun and games for the kids. We have a big cookout with everyone bringing something to pass and then at dusk we enjoy a massive fireworks display. It's so much fun...

So now let's get to why I am are here today. My project today is another jewelry one, but this time with an added twist. I wanted to create a necklace for the 4th displaying some stars. I have plenty of star buttons and such that I could have molded but I wanted some detail. All my stars are just plain and boring. I do however own the "Stars" Cuttlebug embossing folder. Hmmm, could I emboss a star and mold it? Let's try...


I took some plastic from packaging that I hoard... 'er – I mean I save it for projects like this one. Once I ran the piece through my Cuttlebug I carefully cut two of the stars shapes out. 


I mixed up equal parts of Amazing Mold Putty parts "A" and "B" together (Click HERE to get specific instructions on how to do this) and pressed the embossed plastic stars into it. I set aside to cure for about 15 minutes and it's time for the big reveal!


Check out the detail it gave! LOVE IT!!!



I mixed up some Amazing Casting Resin and dusted my mold with Blue and Red Alumidust. I also poured one mold with just the Amazing Casting Resin as it cures white. After they had cured, I used some rub n buff in red, white and blue to highlight each stars embossing and VOILA ... 


A fabulous necklace to show off on the 4th of July.

Now, I hope I've inspired you to use some of your embossing folders and Amazing Crafting Products and create your own one of a kind piece of jewelry, card embellishment or whatever your heart desires.

What would you emboss and how would you use it?

     

These are a couple of my other patriotic projects using Amazing Crafting Products. CLICK HERE to jump to see how I made my Red, White and Blue Rose and CLICK HERE to see how I made my USA Domino Pin.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful 4th of July holiday!

I'd love for you to come check out my more of my work at my blog here.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...