Friday, April 17

Adding AMAZING Layers to Mixed Media Painting... by Melissa Johnson

Good morning! Melissa here and today I am sharing a mixed media painting that I have been working on using several different mediums.


One of my goals this year is to learn how to draw and paint a face. This is definitely easier said than done! I've been working on this one for a while trying to get it perfect. I finally had to come to the conclusion that I am just beginning to learn and it's going to take a while to achieve what I feel to be perfection. 


With that said, I used a simple collage technique to begin the background layered with acrylic paints, acrylic inks, and alcohol inks. I also layered on some stamps and embossing powders. Some of the Alumilite Dye was also rubbed into the background. I painted the face on top of the background, which is why some of the pinks and purples show through. 


I sprinkled and swirled Gold Alumidust into
Amazing Clear Cast Resin to add depth and shimmer. 


What are your favorite techniques
using Amazing Casting Products?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG, to see more of my mixed media creations.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...