Friday, April 10

#Cre8time for Mixed Media in the Garden...
by Melissa Johnson



Good afternoon! Today I am sharing a really fun and useful project using Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin

This year was our first year to start a raised garden in our backyard. We have really enjoyed getting the kids involved and love to see their excitement at growing our own food. Since I am a mixed media artist, I was itching to bring some colorful art into our garden as well! I decided to make plant markers. These are super easy and fun to make. 


To begin, I used the lid from some mica flakes to create a mold using the Amazing Mold Putty. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


Then I dusted the mold with Alumidust powder and poured in the Amazing Casting Resin. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


This is how it looked when it was cured and popped out of the mold. 



After that, I just began decorating the pieces. I used a variety of stamps, rub-ons, acrylic paint, Sharpie markers, Distress Ink, and alcohol ink.

  

I enjoyed working with the Amazing Casting Resin because it dries so fast. Once I got started I was able to do several of these by letting the first one cure, then pulling it from the mold and pouring a new piece and letting that one cure while I decorated the first one. When everything was done I covered them with a clear gloss varnish. You could also use Amazing Clear Cast Resin to seal and protect the artwork from the elements. 


I glued them to some bamboo skewers I found in my kitchen, tied a piece of twine to the top, and stuck them out in my garden!


How would you creatively customize
plant markers in your garden?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG, to see more of my mixed media creations.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...