Tuesday, May 5

Can I Slice an Orange??? Pocket Knife REDUX by Lonnie Sexton



Hello Makers! Lonnie here to share another project using Amazing Casting Products. Somehow, I've ended up with a small collection of knives over the years. One in particular came with handles I didn't like so I broke out some Amazing Mold Putty and some Amazing Casting Resin to I make some colorful custom handles.

Parts List:


I started by removing the handles from each side. Then mixed equal amounts of Amazing Mold Putty and pressed the handles into the putty and let cure. After the mold cured, I mixed Amazing Casting Resin and Alumilite Orange Dye, then filled the molds. When cured, I removed and I drilled a countersink large enough for the screw head to sink below the surface of the handle. I finished it off with a 200 grit sandpaper for a matte finish.


What tools would you customize

Thanks for joining in! Come back soon for more projects
from the Amazing Casting Products Creative Team.

Lonnie 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...