Friday, May 8

Stirring Up Some #Cre8time Fun... AMAZING Inspiration by Melissa Johnson

Good afternoon everyone! Today I am sharing a quick and easy mixed media project with many possibilities. 



Recently I've been doing a lot of art swaps with some of my fellow artsy online friends. For this particular project we altered paint stir sticks. You know, the free ones you can get at the paint counter of Lowe's or Home Depot. :) 

This was a quick and cheap project to complete. I used acrylic paints, some drops of alcohol ink, a stamp inked with Versamark and bronze embossing powder to create the design. I painted in the details using Alumilite Dyes and acrylic medium mixed with different shades of Alumidust. I have really enjoyed using the Alumidust as paint in my mixed media projects lately! 


When they were complete, I coated them with Amazing Clear Cast Resin and allowed them to dry overnight. I love the way these look all grouped together in a frame. You could even drill holes in each side, attach them and hang the entire piece. Or, they can be cut in half and used as bag tags... the possibilities are endless! 



What do you create with
Amazing Casting Products?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG, to see more of my mixed media creations.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...