Wednesday, August 12

Let Your #Cre8time Take Flight! Wire and Resin Dragonfly Pendant by Tanya Ruffin


I wanted to make something completely handmade without any store bought bezels or molds. Using some leftover resin paper from a previous project and some 18 copper gauge aluminum craft wire I created a dainty dragonfly. The directions to make the resin paper can be found here.


I started by bending the wire in the shape or dragonfly wings. I make sure the wire lies flat against the resin paper. Any gaps would cause the Amazing Clear Cast Resin to leak out. There is going to be some leaking, but you want to keep it to a minimum.


Because I still wanted to make the dragonfly body with the same wire, I bent the remaining wire up so it would held steady the wings when I added the Amazing Clear Cast Resin.

Stand the wire wings on the resin paper and mix the Amazing Clear Cast Resin. I applied the resin to the wire and inside area. I didn't necessarily need to cover the whole inside area because the paper was already coated with resin. Wait for the resin to cure, then using scissors and a craft knife trim the excess paper away.


I planned to add rhinestones for the eyes, but I ended up liking this look!


Snip the ends to make a hoop on the back.

Then I made a long loop of wire between the two sets of wings and then twisted it on itself, this made the tail. I repeated the step to make the body but I also wrapped wire around the section to make it fatter. I added two loops to make the eyes and formed a hoop on the back for a necklace.

"Deep in the sun-searched growths the dragon-fly hangs like a blue thread loosened from the sky: So this winged hour is dropt to us from above. Oh! clasp we to our hearts, for deathless dower, This close-companioned inarticulate hour when twofold silence was the song of love."   ~ Dante Gabriel Rossetti

I think it turned out so delicate!
Now I am thinking of a butterfly!!

How do you create with Amazing Casting Products?

Craft Your Own Way! ~ Tanya






Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...