Thursday, November 26

Thankful for #Cre8time... by Melissa Johnson


Hi everyone! In honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to create some cute fall leaves to use in my table decor for the holiday. 

  

I created the leaf using Super Sculpey Clay and my set of carving tools. Once the clay was baked, I used my Amazing Mold Putty to mold the leaf shape.


I cast the leaf with Amazing Clear Cast Resin, and colored it with a combination of gold Alumidust and Alumilite red dye


I finished by adding some orange paint and a little vintage brown ink to give it a little more depth, and added some stamping and twine. This would be great on a table setting laid on top of a plate with a pretty cloth napkin under it, as place cards, or maybe several strung along some branches for a centerpiece. 



Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
For more of my mixed media projects, please visit my blog.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...