Thursday, December 10

#Cre8time Custom Artifacts... The Hunter's Knife by Lyn Gill #12DaysofHomeDecor


Hi Lyn here! Are you getting ready for the holiday's? Well I have been and I have a little home decor project to share with you today. I was inspired by my love of nature and all things ancient.


It all started with this broken Native American spear head tip I had found years ago. I knew Amazing Mold Putty would be the perfect to mold it! So I formed the putty around the spear head and quickly stood it up on it's end so that it would form a flat bottom. That way I wouldn't need to support it when I poured in the Amazing Clear Cast Resin.


I mixed some of the Alumilite Brown Dye to the Amazing Clear Cast Resin then poured and waited... LOL – waiting is the hardest part for me! When it was set I formed a handle around the cured blade using Super Sculpey and then I baked it. The Amazing Casting Resin and Amazing Clear Cast do well at Polymer Clay baking temps (around 275ºF). I added little acrylic paint along with a few embellishments and it was finished.

What broken items have you used
to fix, repair or re-use?

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by today
and sharing in this fun 12 Days of Home Decor with us.

Till Next Time! ~ Lyn 
You can find me on YouTube at LynzCraftz or on my blog LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...