Friday, March 11

#Cre8time Recycling... Serving Tray REDUX by Melissa Johnson


Hi everyone! Melissa here and today I would like to share a fun Mardi Gras style serving tray featuring Amazing Clear Cast Resin.


SUPPLIES NEEDED:

 
As I'm sure I have mentioned before, I LOVE repurposing items and thrifting. It's so much fun to transform things into art pieces! For this project I picked up this really well made serving tray at Goodwill for $4.00.



I spread the tacky glue all over the serving tray with a credit card and laid out my bead necklaces to be within easy reach. Then I started cutting the bead strings and laying out circular designs into the glue.



I continued on with this method until the entire tray was full of color.







When the tray was complete, I mixed up Amazing Clear Cast Resin and poured a few layers over the top – allowing each layer to dry before pouring the next {CLICK HERE to view mixing and preparation}.
 
This took about a week to fully complete. I found that if I pour too thick of a layer of resin at once, it takes longer to cure.



And here is my finished tray, all ready to laissez les bons temps rouler!




How do you transform your thrift store finds?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
For more of my mixed media projects, please visit my blog.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...