Thursday, April 7

#Cre8time Arting from Nature... Flowers with Rocks or Resin by Brenda Burfeind


Good day friends! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind with a fun Pinterest redux. Now I love searching Pinterest and finding things to make. My only thing is that I don't make it exactly the way I see it – I love putting a twist on things. SO let's get started!



This was my inspiration for this project. I absolutely love these,
but I love to add my own take on the things I make.


Side 1 of my rock that I found. 


Side 2 – I loved all the texture it had!


I created a mold using my Amazing Mold Putty and you can see how to prepare your putty for molding HERE. I mixed the Amazing Casting Resin with Alumilite Violet Dye for both rocks. You can view mixing instructions for resin HERE. Each resin piece took about 10 minutes to set up.

Another great thing is that my new resin rocks are light as can be!


I needed a center, so I dug through my box of odds and ends of resin pieces and found this that I had molded awhile back {CLICK HERE to see that project}.


I just cut the necklace part off with my craft knife – I also love that it has texture.


Then I painted it with some green and purple acrylic paint.


While I was making my resin rocks, I worked on my board. This is 100 year old barnwood and it's so gorgeous! I stained and varnished it.


I went into my back yard and found some twigs to use for floral stems.


When all my faux rocks were made I laid
everything out on my board for placement.


I did use some Rub 'n Buff® to bring out the texture of my purple flower, and used the same green acrylic paint to highlight my "stem". Then I glued everything down with E6000®. I also glued some acrylic beads to the center.


So, what do you think? I'm so thrilled with how this turned out.
I cannot wait to hang it on my deck!

What would you mold to create
your very own flower plaque?

Thank you for stopping by and make sure
to check out all the other designers' projects.

Until next time, Brenda!

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

It's that time to have you chance to join our team of Amazing Creatives!


DEADLINE to apply is April 22, 2016.

  http://amazingmoldputty.blogspot.com/2016/04/an-amazing-opportunity-awaits.html

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Brenda, perfect for the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynz! Also very lightweight opposed to all the real rocks would be

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...