Friday, June 17

Secret #Cre8time Messages... Custom Resin Glass Bottoms by Tanya Ruffin


Ever wanted to send a secret message someone? Warn someone of impeding doom or just make someone smile? This project will walk you through the steps of creating your own custom secret message at the bottom of a glass!

Step 1: Grab a flat bottom glass. I went to the Dollar Tree for my glasses. Remove any stickers from the bottom, clean and dry.


Step 2: Measure the bottom of the glass.

Step 3: You can make your design on the computer, stamp on paper or by using stickers. If designing on a computer, print your design. Cut design out. A circle works best. My glass had a thicker band around the outside that would distort the design so I made my circle smaller than the bottom.

Computer generated design 

Step 4: Mix Amazing Clear Cast Resin. I used the measuring cups included in the package and mixed 1 gram of each part. Let sit for about 15 minutes to let the bubbles settle.

Step 5: Put a small layer of resin on the glass. I use a q-tip to pick up and drip my resin.

Step 6: Place cut out design face down in the resin.

Step 7: Pour a thin coat of resin on top of the design.


Step 8: If you have extra space around the edge you can pour some glitter.


Step 9: Let the Amazing Clear Cast Resin sit for a little while and then pour the left over resin over the glitter to seal.

Allow your glass to sit upside down for 48 hours until the resin is fully cured.

Step 10: Enjoy!

While I have seen these survive the dishwasher – you may want to hand-wash and don't submerge in water.



SURPRISE!

What secret message will you make?

Go Craft Your Own Way!

Tanya





Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...