Friday, March 30

There are no "BAD" Eggs... Amazing Inspiration by Tracy Krueger


I'm baaaack! It's Tracy here and I'm going to share a couple of "bad" eggs... ideas that were in my mind, though didn't necessarily come to fruition. Believe me when I say, I will keep on trying these until they work out just how I want them – LOL!


My first egg was trying to get Amazing Casting Resin to look like a cracked egg. First I used Amazing Mold Rubber to mold a plastic egg. Then I mixed up equal parts of Amazing Casting Resin and gently poured it into the mold. As it was curing, I "rolled" the mold back and forth to get it to coat just the sides and bottom.


Even though it didn't quite turn out like I imagined – I wanted to decorate it somehow.  So I mixed up a couple of small batches of Amazing Clear Cast Resin colored them with blue and violet Alumilite Dye. I turned the faux cracked egg upside down and drizzled the resin over the egg.


After everything cured, it created an interesting piece.


My second and third try was to create a clear egg with swirls of color. I used the same egg mold that I created, mixed equal parts of Amazing Clear Cast Resin and poured it into the mold. I then mixed up a couple of smaller batches of Amazing Clear Cast again and colored them with blue and violet Alumilite Dye.

In one of the tries: I poured a little of the colored resin on the top and took a popsicle stick and gently swirled the color around (trying not to "mix" it up).


Since this didn't give me the effect I was going for... I gave it another try – this time I mixed up Amazing Clear Cast Resin, and only filled the mold 1/2 way. Then I added and swirled in the colored resin, then filled it up with more clear resin. It still didn't give me what I was looking for, but it is pretty.

I'll keep trying! Where there is a will, there is a way....

What kind of resin projects
are you working on?

Have fun creating! ~ Tracy

You can find more of my work on my Blog:
http://tracykrueger-nine.blogspot.com/2017/

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...