Sunday, April 1

#Cre8time Transformations... DIY Easter Gift by Brenda Burfeind


Good day and Happy Easter everyone! Brenda here and today I want to share a project I made for my Mom for Easter. I received this cross awhile back and I love it dearly, but it's a bit heavy. Of course, since the Amazing Casting Resin is so lightweight, I decided to use it to make a lighter version of the cross to use as an embellishment.

  

I started with my Amazing Mold Putty and making a mold for my cross. Since the cross is a bit larger I had to mold it in chunks. You don't want to try to mold something bigger all at once since the mold putty sets up rather quickly {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. I started with the top half and let it set up; then mixed up another batch and pressed it onto the started portion and formed around to complete the bottom half.


After I mixed up a batch of Amazing Casting Resin colored with a little bit of Bubblegum Alumidust. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation. I poured the resin into my mold and it sets up within 10-15 minutes. I can't wait to pull it out of the mold!


The cross has so much detail, but it's hard to see like this!


For Christmas I received some Art-C products that I have been dying to try out. They are similar to rub and buff and I knew these would bring out the beauty and detail of this cross.


The gold and silver combination is stunning!


Now here you can see how "thick" the original cross is – and I can control how "thick" or "skinny" I want to make my resin duplicate within the mold by how much or how little resin I pour into my mold.


Because the resin piece is so lightweight I was able to attach it to my paper flower heart with just some hot glue without "smashing" the roses. I put a hanger on the back and its ready for gifting!


I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial. I would love to see some of your creations using Amazing Casting Products. Please leave me a comment with a link to your project and I will be sure to check it out.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!
Brenda with Creativity is a State of Mind 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...